The Punjab Prisons Department is offering major role in keeping the society clean from the terrorists, corrupts and law abundant elements.
In the current scenario when the terrorists are pro active, they are more trained and have latest weapons. Many incidents are being occurred of prisons breaking. One incident has occurred recently in Dera Ismael Khan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa where terrorists attacked the jail with latest artillery and destroyed the main gate and boundary of the jail and were able to take many dangerous prisoners with them. Those prisoners have been involved in many terrorist activities.
In these circumstances the Prisons staff has to be more trained and capable to handle such situation professionally. Current Administration of Prisons Department has taken many initiatives and has increased the number of training centers from where a large number of officers and officials have finished their trainings. The following training programes are given to the Prisons Staff:
All Regional training Centers at different Jails alongwith all basic and mandatory promotion training courses at National Academy for Prisons Administration as well as Punjab Prisons Staff Training Institute, Lahore.
Apart from physical training many officers and officials have completed the Administrative Training Courses from National Schools Public Policy Lahore, Management and Professional Development Department Lahore and National Academy for Prisons Administration Lahore to help/boost the performance of staff and now they have become efficient enough to deal the Administrative matters.
426 Officers and 8059 officials have completed the different trainings so far.
- 14 Officers and 1055 Officials (Warders) have been completed basic training at Azad Kashmir Regimental Centre Mansar Camp, Attock from 02 March to 22th May, 2015.
- 200 warders have been completed Elite Training Course at EPTS Lahore in September, 2015.
- 1945 warders will undergo basic training at AK Regimental Centre Mansar Camp, Attock in October, 2015.
Punjab Prisons Staff Training Institute, Lahore
- 89 Warders have been completed promotion course training for Head Warder from 5th December, 2014 to 3rd March, 2015.
- 90 Warders have been completed promotion course training for Head Warder from 5th April, 2015 to 4th July 2015.
- 30 Head Warders have been completed promotion course training for Chief Warder from 5th December, 2014 to 3rd March, 2015.
- 30 Chief Warder have been completed promotion course training for Assistant Superintendent from 5th April, 2015 to 4th July, 2015.
Updated up to 1st October, 2015.